Thursday, November 7, 2013

"Specials" by Scott Westerfeld


Warning: This is the third book in a series, if you haven't read the first two you may not want to read this.

Specials by Scott Westerfeld definitely had some twists I didn't see coming. It's the continuation of the Uglies Series . It's a wonderful dystopian novel, that shows how beauty can go to our head making us feel superior when really we're not. The back in forth power grabs and seeing who could out smart who in the book was simply exhilarating to read. 

Tally has yet again had her body and mind altered. She is super happy that her and Shay are best friends again, but feels rather hallow without having Zane by her side. Zane's been in the hospital getting his brain put back together after what David and his terrible Smokies did to him. If only Tally and her knew clique the Cutters or also known as the "Special" Special Circumstance could get a hold of David and put the Smokies to an end once an for all. A couple months after Tally's initial surgery turning her into a Special, a window opens in which they can go after the Smokies. David along with a few others have been spotted so Tally and the Cutters go after them, only to get ambushed. All the Cutter's get knocked unconscious except for Tally. The Smokies almost drowned Shay, and they end up kidnapping some one else. Shay and Tally now develop a plan to track the Smokies and race against the clock to rescue their friend. Will they make it in time?

I'll be honest at this point, I was kinda annoyed that her brain kept getting altered, but as I kept reading I got over it. I think this was my favorite book out of the series. I'm kind of curious as to what people thought, were you a team David or a team Zane? The last few chapters really had me shocked, I didn't see any of it coming. I have yet to read the last book Extras , but from my understanding it's all about different characters from a younger persons view on what's happened since everything went down in Specials. I guess this series was never as tensing as the Hunger Games or the Maze Runner , but it's definitely still a good read and there's still plenty of action it.  

                                                                                                                                                                 Rating 3 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment