Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Gone" by Lisa McMann


Warning: This is the third book in The Wake Trilogy. If you haven't read the first two books, I wouldn't read this.

Gone by Lisa McMann was rather saddening. Interesting still but sad. There's not really a happy ending like I had hoped. It still has the fast paced reading effect though. 

Janie's life should be almost perfect.  She's graduated high school, and she's spending her summer with the love of her life. She should be living the dream sort of speak, but instead she's living in dreams and it's taking it's toll. She thought she had everything figured out until a stranger shows up in the hospital and her mom claims he's her father. He's in a coma, but he's having nightmares and they're the worst Janie's ever had to deal with. It turns out the curse is genetic, and there's more to it then she knows. Cable has started having nightmares about Janie, about what she'll become. Not wanting to be a burden, Janie has to make a choice. Should she leave Cable or is there another option?

The ending to book made sense I suppose, but I didn't like it. I've pitied Janie throughout the trilogy, and I was really hoping she'd have an over the top happy ending, but it wasn't. It wasn't a terrible ending, but it definitely could have been happier. Once again as I assumed there would be, there's still a lot of unnecessary swearing. Even though this isn't one of my top favorite trilogies, I'd still recommend it as an interesting read.


                                                                          Rating 3 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment