Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Fade" by Lisa McMann


Before writing about the book, i'd like too apologize for my slacking. I got rather lazy over the holidays, and even though I was still reading books, my reviewing and recommending came to a standstill. Without further a do, I present my thoughts on Fade. Enjoy.

WARNING: This book is the second book in the Wake Trilogy, if you haven't read the first book you may not want to read this review.

Fade by Lisa McMann was just as intriguing as the first book, Wake. What I really loved about both these books is McMann's simplistic writing style. It goes well with the suspenseful chapters, and it makes the book all in all fast paced.


Fade picks up right where Wake leaves off. Janie is still under cover, but this time it's a different crime. This situation is far more dangerous then the last. An accusation has  been thrown out that one of the teachers in their high school is a sexual predator, and they want Janie's help to find out who it is. Even if it means using Janie as bait. Because Cable is completely against the plan, this may just stretch their relationship to the limit. Upon juggling the investigation and her fragile relationship with Cable, Janie also discovers more about what it means to be a dream catcher. Her fate is sealed, and the secrets revealed are darker then Janie could have ever imagined.

Fade was good, it held my attention. I really enjoyed the characters development. I think I liked the story line/ plot more in this book then the first. The only negative thing I could say about the book, is again, there is a lot of unnecessary swearing.

                     
                                                                           Rating 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment