Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Prodigy" by Marie Lu



Warning: This is the second book in the Legend Trilogy. If you haven't read the first book you may not want to read this.


Prodigy by Marie Lu was just as well written and captivating as the first book, Legend. I truly loved it, can honestly say it's one of the best Dystopian novels I've read. The love story really progressed. The book was still really suspenseful and there were still some twists I hadn't seen coming that literally made my jaw drop.


Prodigy picks up right where Legend dropped off. 

June and Day make their way to Vegas, and upon their arrival, they're almost marched off to the hospital where they'd be finger printed. That would then lead to their discovery. The patriots, however; decided to intervene, and take them to their bunker. While they are there it is also announced that the Elector Primo has died and has been replaced by his son, Anden. June and Day request for the patriots to help them save Day's brother and get them across the war line and into the Colonies. The patriot leader agrees on one condition. June and Day must help assassinate the new Elector. They agree. Everything is going as planned, except as June starts playing her role in the whole plot she quickly learns Anden is nothing like his father. Some things just aren't adding up, and June isn't hundred percent sure if she can go through with it. She is no longer sure where her loyalties should lie, or what should truly happen if she chooses one side over the other.  There are yet more secrets and puzzles she will have to figure out rather quickly. She hasn't much time to do so and there are lives on the line.


I loved it so much! Like seriously if you haven't started reading them, go read them now! As a couple things got revealed I was so shocked! I liked how many unexpecteds there were for me, usually I can figure out things before they happen, which I guess make a book "predictable", but I solved almost nothing before it was revealed in this book. The only thing I really saw coming was the ending. I had a general idea of what was going on, before it was announced, yet if you read the book i'm sure you'd know too. My mind was/is kind of a jumbled mess, and I have to organize my thoughts and feelings before I start the third book, Champion.  I plan to start reading later tonight. If you start reading the Legend Trilogy, I hope you love it as much as I have! Let me know what you think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment