Sunday, December 8, 2013

"Legend" by Marie Lu



Legend by Marie Lu was another fantastic dystopian novel! The first in the Legend Trilogy. It had a great plot, talented writing, and some really unimaginable twists. It was suspenseful and captivating. There's not a real solid love story in the book, until the end where you see a relationship bloom and it will obviously get carried over to & grow in Legend's sequel, Prodigy. We read the book from two different perspectives. A boy and a girls.


What use to be the Western part of the United States is now the "Republic" and it's at war with it's neighbors. 

My name is June. I'm fifteen. I was born in a higher class family in one with richest districts in the Republic. At ten years old I took a Trial Test, just like every ten year old does. Except unlike everyone else, I got a perfect score. I am now being trained in one of the highest ranked military schools. I have life made for the most part, since I have money I can buy vaccine's so I don't even have to worry about the plague that's running around right now. My parents died when I was really young, so as far as I can remember my brother, Metias has always raised me. Metias is a captain in the military. He said he'd be here for me forever and ever or at least until I got sick of him, but the unthinkable happened. He was murdered. The most wanted criminal in the Republic stabbed him, trying to make a get away. This criminal's name is Day, and I am now determined to track him down. There's one problem though, no one knows what he looks like. 


The book was amazing. Not only was it really enjoyable, but it was touching too see how far a family's love could go. I couldn't put it down.  I flew through the first book. Literally. I read it one day. I  will be starting the second book, Prodigy; later tonight. I'm really on a dystopian/suspense/romance kick right now. There's so many books in this genre.however; if you're a fan of this genre also this book should definitely be at the top of your "To Read" list. This book had so many secrets and twists to uncover. It turned out Day may not be the only person keeping the secrets either. ;)


                                             Rating 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment