Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Book Reviews Purpose

I'm a total book junkie. Like when I meet new people & they something like "Hey what do you do in your free time?" Or "Hey what do you like to do to have fun?" My answer is reading. "Hey, you thinking about college? You know what you want a degree for?" Umm...Yes. My dream job would be getting paid to read books before they hit shelves. I'm not really sure what different options I'd have to do so, maybe being an editor? Regardless, that'd be amazing. When it comes to books and reading i'm very enthusiastic about it. When a book comes in the mail, for me it's like Christmas morning. Then I have family members who totally despise reading, and they'll tell me that there's just something wrong with me. To which I laugh because nonreaders just don't get it. They'll never understand the enjoyment a book can bring, and for that I pity them. I think it's probably my enthusiasm about books that make people interested in my opinion of the books that I read.  I have people all the time texting, calling, emailing me you name it, wanting to know if I've read this book or that book and what I thought about it, and if I have any book recommendations. I felt like even though I love talking and comparing my opinions of books, explaining my thoughts about the same book like over 20 times was a bit much. So the other day my step-dad came up to me and was like why don't you just make a blog about books? I was like what about them?  and he was like hmm.. lets see... Instead of telling 800 people about the same book over and over, each time you finish a book why don't you just post your thoughts and give your opinions publicly. Which as you can see by my post, I agreed to it, finding the idea simply brilliant. I was just disappointed I hadn't thought of it first. Long story short, this is where my journey of book reviewing really begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment