Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Allegiant" by Veronica Roth


Warning: This is the last book in a trilogy if you haven't the first two books you may not want to read this.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth got some seriously hateful reviews. I understand why some people were upset by certain things in the book, but if you can over look the emotionally traumatizing parts of it, it's still amazing. It's a very well written first person perspective book. The only thing that differed between this book and the first two books is that it has two perspectives. One chapter was Tobias's view, and the next was Beatrice's view, however; this just made me love Veronica's novel even more. 



Allegiant picks up where Insurgent leaves off. Beatrice is locked in a cell awaiting a trial from the factionless members. The factions have been completely taken over and disassembled by Evelyn and her people. The biggest secret of all time has just been released. Evelyn chooses to ignore it. She wants nothing to do with the outside world, however; Beatrice & her friends want to go. They want to join the Allegiant and get out of Evelyn's dictatorship like grasp before another war breaks out. A war now between the faction lovers and the people who were never accepted by them. What's really beyond the border? Was all of the secret revealed or will there be more to it? They're running out of patience and out time to find out. If they're going to go, they have to go now. Time. Will there ever be enough of it to amend family issues or is there a line drawn in which some matters are simply unforgivable?




 I'll be honest the twist at the end got me. Like I said, I get why people were upset, but I don't get why they just hated the book. I thought the route Veronica chose to go with the story was realistic, and beautifully painful. It was hard for me to process everything at first. I think I was just in denial,but I think her choice made me respect more as an author, because she, herself  became dauntless. Her decision was unbelievably brave. She knew what she wanted. Fan response, and she definitely got it.Divergent Trilogy is a must read!

                                                                                                                                                                                             Rating 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment