Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"The Cold Awakening Trilogy" by Robin Wasserman

                                     
                                Frozen          Shattered            Torn


"The Cold Awakening Trilogy" by Robin Wasserman definitely awakens some creative thinking.
It's fast paced, thrilling, and almost scary to think about with technology developing as fast as it is. It' also shows the things that really make us human.


        The download saved me. I keep telling myself to be greatful, hoping eventually I will be. I can handle the fact that no one  likes the new me. What I can't handle though, is when I look in the mirror. I'm nothing like the old me, the human me, I might not even be human at all. Somehow though i'm still Lia.
         I tried fitting in, then I tried running. Someone's out to get us. To get me. Revenge, avenge, justice. Forgiveness or hatred? Should I let go of the things that make me human, or to cling to them for dear life because it's all that I really have, it's the only thing that makes me still me.
       When I took the this path , I didn't expect things to get so out of hand. I didn't truly understand all the secrets there could be covered up, but now I understand. I understand it all and I have to save them.


At first I was very conflicted about this trilogy. It was well written, and creative, plenty of action, but I struggled with it. I'd love it,  then hate it, then love it. I'd hate, then love a character, then hate again. I was just very back and forth. Now having finished all three books I'm disappointed. I'm not disappointed because of the ending, but because it's the end. I want a fourth book. I think the third book was my favorite. We finally get to uncover all the dark secrets, some of which literally made my jaw drop. Robin Wasserman is definitely a great author!
                                                                                                                       
                                                                   My Rating is 4 out of 5.

The only thing negative I can really say now having finished the books, is the "religious" people Robin made it in. I'm a Christian so the fact that the only "religious" people in it were psycho and murderous kind of bothered me, but other then that I enjoyed the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment